Hey, I wanted to make sure that your readership knows about the inaugural Bluegrass Film festival taking place at this year's World of Bluegrass events in Raleigh, NC.
Info and details are below.
seeks submissions. Submission deadline: June 15, 2014
|High Lonesome, documentary |
on bluegrass from 1994.
Trade in your banjo for some popcorn (don't worry, you'll get it back) and grab a seat for IBMA's first Bluegrass Film Festival at World of Bluegrass, September 30-Octber 4 in Raleigh, NC!
Bluegrass' biggest family reunion and business conference is the perfect place to showcase quality films produced around the music, and IBMA is taking submissions.
Two films will be featured during the business conference, and the runners-up will be shown at the weekend festival.
Interested? Here's what you need to know:
Rules and Conditions
(* The term "film" is used here in reference to both film and video.)
- All entries submitted must not have been screened publically prior to the 1st January 2011.
- The maximum running time for feature films sent to the IBMA World of Bluegrass Film Festival must not exceed 240 minutes in length (including titles and credits).
- Films submitted to the IBMA World of Bluegrass Film Festival must either be in English or have English subtitles.
- For pre-selection purposes, all entries must be submitted via online link.
- The IBMA will have the right to show any of the films submitted to non-commercial audiences at the World of Bluegrass. Extracts of no more than 1 minute may also be shown on television/web as a promotion for the World of Bluegrass.
- All films selected for the World of Bluegrass will be screened on DVD, Blu-Ray or digital format.
- The IBMA retains the right to hold a copy of films submitted for archival and promotional purposes.
- IBMA will not upload a completed film to the Internet without the filmmaker's consent.
- The applicant declares that he/she has obtained all necessary rights and permissions to present the film and music at the IBMA's World of Bluegrass events. The filmmaker must own or have cleared copyright of all aspects of the submitted film. This includes all music and images used. The IBMA accepts no responsibility, financial or otherwise, in regard to clearing copyrighted material.
- The committee will choose the following:
- 2 films to be featured during the IBMA's World of Bluegrass Business Conference (September 30 and October 1, 2014). Featured films will require a representative to be present at the World of Bluegrass. Representative may be called upon to introduce the film prior to screening. Featured films will also be shown during the weekend screening of the non-featured films.
- 4-8 films will be selected for screening during the Wide Open Bluegrass Festival's Bluegrass at the Movies. Each film will be shown twice (once on Friday, October 3, 2014 and once Saturday, October 4, 2014).
- Submission Fee: $25
- Screening Fee: $100 (to cover costs of audio and visual, after invited to participate)
- All selected films shown must have a representative listed as a professional and/or an organizational IBMA member.
World of Bluegrass, Sept. 30-Oct. 4, 2014 | Raleigh, N.C.