|The Country Ramblers (CH) ¦ 4th July 2013 ¦ Photo: Lilly Pavlak|
2014 European Bluegrass Pioneers:
THE COUNTRY RAMBLERS (Switzerland)
RUEDIGER HELBIG (Germany)
PETR KUKLIK and JAN HONZA MACAK (Czech Republic)
European Bluegrass Personality 2013:
ROSTA CAPEK (Czech Republic)
The Award ceremony will take place during the late concert of the Lonesome River Band on Saturday 15th March 2014, 20:30hrs, as part of the 6th European Bluegrass Summit. Both summit and concert take place at the Hotel OREA Pyramida in Prague.
About EBMA's EBPPP
In 2012 the EBMA Board set up the European Bluegrass Pioneers and Personalities Project (EBPP) to recognise and acknowledge the past and present most influential European musicians, promoters, journalists, DJs, luthiers, experts, and others who contributed, and still contribute, in a relevant and significant way to establish or popularise the bluegrass music genre in Europe, and to create a European bluegrass scene and community.
The EBPPP Selecting Committee
The EBMA Board formed a special Selecting Committee comprising Paolo Dettwiler, Eberhard Finke, Richard Hawkins, Lilly Pavlak, Christian Seguret, and Bruno Steffen, with Martino Coppo as non-voting chairman. The criteria for selecting European Bluegrass Pioneers & Personalities are:
- To be born in Europe or to have lived in European countries long enough to be considered European ‘naturalised citizens’;
- To be representative of the European bluegrass culture;
- To have inspired others to join the European bluegrass community;
- To have acted in harmony with the principles of the EBMA's mission statement;
- Pioneers: To have been among the first who had a significant impact on the popularisation of the bluegrass music genre in their own country or area in Europe, with special reference to their popularity and longevity in the bluegrass music community;
- Personalities: To have promoted or contributed to promote special projects or have reached special achievements during the last year.
To register for the 6th European Bluegrass Summit and/or the concert, please go to http://www.ebma.org/ebs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the European Bluegrass Music Association: www.ebma.org
EBMA: Working together to support Bluegrass Music across borders.