Saturday, 1 May 2010

US visa: don't leave home without it

... is the title of an article by immigration lawyer Carol Armstrong in the latest issue of International Bluegrass, the IBMA's e-newsletter. The article, written for the information of non-US artists visiting the US and for those who may be booking or inviting them, makes the basic point that

foreign guest artists performing in the United States must have work-related visas... The best practice always is to enter on an 'O-1B' or 'P-1B' visa...

More detailed advice and links to further information are given. The full article can be read here. The short section published in International Bluegrass is illustrated with a photo of Druha Trava (CZ), who will be touring in the US in the autumn of 2010.

The EBMA is currently preparing a document of advice and information for European bands who want to tour in the USA.