Saturday, 3 October 2009
The Steering Committee of the European World of Bluegrass Festival, the only European festival ever to win the IBMA's prestigious Bluegrass Event of the Year Award, announces:
TIME TO APPLY!
Festival Dates: MAY 13-14-15, 2010
Application Dates: SEPTEMBER 20-NOVEMBER 20, 2009
BLUEGRASS BANDS FROM ALL AROUND THE WORLD:
Join us at the EWOB Festival 2010 in Voorthuizen, the Netherlands. It's time to apply for your band's EWOB 2010 showcase! Applications are online RIGHT NOW here. Don't miss your chance to be part of this unique event.
The European World of Bluegrass Festival is one of the world's coolest festivals!
* Featuring 42 bands in 3 fun-filled days
* Including a few special guest artists from the USA and Canada
* European Bluegrass Band Awards competition
* Winners are chosen BY THE MUSICIANS!
* #1 European Bluegrass Band goes to Nashville to play at IBMA World of Bluegrass one year later
* Be part of EWOB's famous workshop program
* Bands get to play for many festival and concert promoters
* Music press from the USA and Europe
* Bluegrass radio DJs/
Link to view more details!!!
#1 European Bluegrass Band 2009:
Downtown Ramblers (Sweden)
EWOB will send the Downtown Ramblers to Nashville to IBMA's World of Bluegrass in 2010.
Rienk Janssen, one of the EWOB Festival's founders, retired from EWOB in July. The EWOB Steering Committee thanks him for his years of service to the EWOB Festival.
The Steering Committee has been restructured to include 7 people, rather than 5, and the many tasks involved in planning and organizing the annual festival have been redelegated. The new info is on the Contact page of the EWOB Festival website, so you can find the right person to contact on various issues.
For more details and news, read the full text of the EWOB Steering Committee's release here.