Tuesday, 3 February 2009
The Banjoree venue: 'ESW' (Jugendbildungsstätte Berchum)
5-string banjo players have a community all over Europe, a central meeting point for them being the Banjoree in Hagen, Germany, which was first held in 2005. The third will take place from 1 May to 3 May this year. The organisers (Veit Doehler, Andreas Benkhofer, and Mark Hatlie) report:
* Again there are many tutors with many exciting topics. There will be clawhammer tutors ranging from avant-garde to traditional, 3-finger styles from minstrel to progressive. Rank beginners will feel at home as well as the advanced.
* There will be a flatpicking guitar tutor from the US who is well known for his artistic '3-finger flatpicking', as well as for the guitars he builds.
* There will be banjo tutors from the land of 5-string banjos - namely America.
* NEW! There will be a mandolin workshop.
* Also NEW! The attendance fee will not be raised for individual workshops but for the whole event. This means that you can choose as many workshops as you want and learn many new things on whichever instrument you choose!
You can watch the progress of our planning on this site. Keep coming by!
... and do not forget. Every 5-string banjo player wants to go to BANJOREE 2009. Even those who do not know yet. Therefore go out and tell them!